Monday, August 3, 2015

Benefit of a doubt...

First Impressions matter but a benefit of doubt is important too...                  
I know I have concluded severally about who a person is based on the first impression I got. I for one always try to be careful to make a good first impression because I have learnt over the years how important it is. There is several things about a person that is usually true from a first impression for instance a person's outlook whether it's in the manner of dressing or in the speaking that can be easily concluded then.
As for a person's character or true self speaking of whether or not the person is kind, trustworthy,faithful or real I'm not sure that a first impression can tell you that is something you have to find out as you continually interact with the person. I know people have been drawn to people and pulled away from people based on the first impression they get.
If it just doesn't rub them the right way they stay away, if it does appeal then they come close. I also know that people have deprived themselves of making amazing friendships because the first impression rubbed them the wrong way and I also know people have fallen into wrong hands just because the first impression made the person out to be a good person.
I'd say for a fact that first impression does matter a great deal but I'd also say that your first impression shouldn't always form the basis of your interaction or relationships take it a step further and try to make conversation, ask questions, crack jokes and get to know the person a little more... This benefit of doubt might be your saving grace... cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment