Thursday, December 4, 2014

ode! to a great mother

I grew up reading this poem and signing it as a nursery rhyme of some sort and some of the words read,' who sat and watched my infant head when sleeping on my cradle bed and words of sweet affection shared, my mother...when pain and sickness made me cry who gazed upon my heavy eyes and wept for fears that I would die, my mother'..... hope I got the words right and many of us would remember these words as we read or sang them as children never really understanding them but viewing them as mere words we chorused and sang along with..
I never truly pondered on what these words meant until I truly met my mother!she is an epitome of every single word that the poem read and sometimes I believe the writer has met my mother in the life past hence the poem...
I also grew up listening to this old school songs and the chorus reads 'sweet mother, I no go forget you for the suffer wey you suffer for me' its an amazing song and that sweet mother the song talked about  is my mother...
BoysIImen sang a 'song for mama' and that mama is my mother....;she truly is the queen of my heart, her love is like tears from the stars and loving her is like food to my soul....
words cannot truly define or describe who or what my mother is to me and my siblings, she's starved so we could eat, she stood in the rain and sun so we could have shelter, she's been naked so we could be clothed she has denied herself of every good thing in life so we could get the best there was and is in this life...that's my mother, that's the ideal woman the author of proverbs had in mind when he wrote proverbs31....
she turned a year older recently and she got a celebration that was well deserved, my mother may not be known to you but to everyone she met she impacted she made a mark and she changed lives she showed care and concern and always gave a shoulder to lean on. she's taught us to love and never hold grudges, to give not because we expect something in return, to be content with whatever we had, she's taught me to forgive irrespective of the hurt you feel, she's taught me to have respect for people irrespective of who the person is because everyone has come into your life for a purpose....I can not completely or exhaustively write about this great woman, best friend, life coach, confidant, provider....she is my everything...
everyday I bless God for the great opportunity and privilege to be birthed by such a phenomenon enigma and amazing amazing woman.....
most of all she taught us to love God and depend on him for our everything,..she taught me the importance of prayers and waiting on God .
I celebrate this great woman as she turns 68! may God give her reasons daily to celebrate and may he give her long healthy life and give her everything that her heart has every truly desired...that's my sincere wish and prayer for you today mum.....
how can I ever tell you in words about my mother...she is an experience...you should experience her...
I pray some day I will be half the woman she is to my own kids.....

No comments:

Post a Comment