Friday, December 12, 2014

My favorite time of the year...

Its the Christmas season and the commemoration of the birth of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Although many people do not agree with this date and there is a lot of theories about the history behind December 25th date and all what not....some say Christmas should be in October anyways I am not here to judge or give instructions on the dates to celebrate Christ....
I honestly believe Christ and all that he stands for should always be in our consciousness and even more so in this season.
For those who have issues about the date why don't you just go with the flow and the actual reason for the season and focus on the one who sacrificed all just so we can be reconciled to God...why don't we all just put aside our differences and beliefs and see this as a season to sacrifice and give because God has given us more than two thousand years ago the greatest gift there ever was and there ever will be and that is his Love...he has even commanded us to love as Jesus himself summarized in the two commandment about us loving the Lord our God with everything and then loving our neighbors as ourselves.
I don't know that loving can be easy or its always easy to love people with the way the world has become so violent and selfish I doubt that there is that much love in circulation.
But this is the season of Love and sacrifice, do not love only those that love you because there is no gain in that, show love to those that you believe are most undeserving...
Love is my mantra, I love love and I love to love...I love God, i love people and try as much as I can to radiate and show this love....
Christmas is my favorite time of the year...everything is different this season...even the weather acknowledges Christmas season....Christmas songs make my heart smile....I sing, i hum and I listen...I am looking forward to attending carols and getting the goose bumps that comes with it....
I am happy its Christmas and I am grateful for all that it stands for....
Thank you Lord for the gift and blessings of Christmas.....Love is in the air.....lets give love more and more and the world would be a much safer and peaceful plays to live....

No comments:

Post a Comment