Monday, June 13, 2016

Foodie.....or not!

I have always been a picky eater but I am one who loves tasty meals...The meal has got to be tasty and colourful for my appetite to be interested in it.I can do without food for a whole day not that I am fasting or anything, I can survive on fluids only. I remember my nysc days in the first few weeks I survived on pepper soup and malt till I got a stove and pot and cooking utensils then it was bread then indomie until I knew where the market was.
There are times where I basically survive on rice and stew, I am lazy to get in the mood for cooking even though I love cooking but when I am in that mood I just continue to shop and cook different things.
I fell very ill recently and I know it was because I wasn't eaten healthy and my immunity dropped. It was pretty serious and I promised myself to eat healthy and better. Never miss breakfast or dinner...Lunch can be anything but the most important is breakfast and I make sure I am not just eating for the sake of it but eating healthy, tasty, nutritious food.
I had to go home just after I recovered from my illness and trust my mum there was banga soup and starch waiting for me, I practically ate that everyday and I fell in love with it over again so I decided when I got back I would make it, so I did...
I haven't eaten rice in two weeks nor made regular stew but I have been eating healthy, tasty, nutritious meals...
There are various meals available not everyday rice or bread or even swallow. Do not just eat like your body is a warehouse or some kind of refuse dump. Eat right, eat healthy, try new things, new ingredients, switch it up a little and you will discover there's a lot a lot you could eat outside the everyday regulars. Trust me because I am doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment