Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Experimenting with hair.....



A friend of mine once said to me in fact she said it a few days ago she was like ; ‘I like that you are experimenting with hair ‘ that she can’t understand why one would continue to do the same hairstyles after all ‘we no be onyinbo’.

Back to my story ,I recently started experimenting with hair styles and hair colors this year like never before don’t know why but I guess I feel very liberated this year. I am one who likes to be pretty safe with hair styles that I wear and I like to keep it simple and chic and I usually stick with a color four hair color.

In the last few years hair has become a huge industry in Nigeria especially with the advent of the likes of Brazilian ,Peruvian ,Mongolian and the likes we even have hairs with native Nigerian names like ‘funmi hair’. The in-thing now is the crave for having natural healthy hair with no chemicals added as in relaxers. so everyone is going natural and there’s all sorts of oils and treatments most of which can be cooked up in your kitchen to help your hair grow…..everyone is going natural and trust Nigerians as ‘we no dey carry last’ we have joined and over taken the trend….there’s even some pills that help the hair grow in exponentials.

My hair used to be full, thick and long but many years of heat styling and chemicals have thinned the hair out so I have kind of joined the natural trend although I do not know that my heart can carry the time and attention that I need to give my hair in applying all these essential oils and natural products and all the routine it needs……but I would try….as I always say…I can only try so I am trying…..

I have experimented with hair colors ranging from black to brown and now red…yep! i am red haired now…lol…....i am a natural blondie and the sun bleaches my hair and it turns gold-ish my friend whom I talked about earlier calls me an African blond! I have recently started experimenting with really short razor cut hair aside the bold colors.

For some reason I believed my round or oval face( I am not so sure which) with very chubby cheeks that do not correspond to my body size will be a stumbling block to how daring I could be with my hair but to my amazement I have been pretty wrong about this.it has indeed enhanced my creativity when it comes to styling my hair to suit my face. .now that’s a huge plus because I marvel at the styles I come up with to this effect and I took it a step further to learn how to apply makeup on to suit my face as well. .thanks to Dr. nkiru of makeup by Nkiru.

I totally applaud those of you who are on the natural route…kudos! To you guys because its not an easy journey transitioning….but the results are amazing when you keep at it.

So people, experiment  with your hair, do not be too conservative or monotonous with your hair you never know what you will discover…...

Live a little…..as they say YOLO…you only live once!

No comments:

Post a Comment